The Importance of Continual Professional Development
Continual Professional Development Credits (CPD) are important in all industries, but especially when working in the fast paced and ever changing world of fitness.
It’s crucial to keep up to date with new trends and explore various coaching styles and methods to keep your business fresh, your clients happy and your knowledge current.
Here’s a rundown of how CPD can help you:
- CPD ensures your capabilities keep pace with the current standards of others in the same field.
- CPD ensures that you maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills you need to deliver a professional service to your customers, clients and the community.
- CPD ensures that you and your knowledge stay relevant and up to date. You are more aware of the changing trends and directions in your profession. The pace of change is probably faster than it’s ever been – and this is a feature of the new normal that we live and work in. If you stand still you will get left behind, as the currency of your knowledge and skills becomes out-dated.
- CPD helps you continue to make a meaningful contribution to your team. You become more effective in the workplace. This assists you to advance in your career and move into new positions where you can lead, manage, influence, coach and mentor others.
- CPD helps you to stay interested and interesting. Experience is a great teacher, but it does mean that we tend to do what we have done before. Focused CPD opens you up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skill areas.
- CPD can deliver a deeper understanding of what it means to be a professional, along with a greater appreciation of the implications and impacts of your work.
At the Rogue Institute we run an array of workshops and courses all internationally recognised and accredited that contribute to your CPD portfolio.
For more information on how we can enhance your knowledge and skills as a fitness professional and health mentor call Kelly on 021 477 7538