OUTLINE OF COURSE CONTENT
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity is to enable learners to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide thorough nutritional advice for clients and tailored advice for athletes and those engaging in physical activity.
This course is open to people from all walks of life – irrespective of whether you have experience or not
The course will provide the student with all the information necessary to compile healthy eating plans for clients from different backgrounds and lifestyles.
The modules covered include:
- Protein, Carbohydrates & Fat
- Vitamins & Minerals
- The Importance of Water
- The Digestive System
- Nutrition for Athletes
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Nutrition and Health
- Food Labelling
- Healthy Food Preparation
- Body Composition
- Portion Control
- The Glycaemic Index
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS COURSE?
- You will receive an Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity Level 3 allowing you to offer nutritional advice supporting the needs of the clients you work with.
- You will be taught by an experienced course tutor with over 20 years experience in Personal Training, Nutrition, Sport Science and Exercise Physiology.
- Upon completion you will be Industry recognised and possess a much sought-after qualification making you more employable and insurable in the workplace
- Your qualification is internationally recognised in 38 countries worldwide.
PART-TIME VARIOUS START DATES THROUGHOUT YEAR 2017
- 19th/20th August and 2nd/3rd September (Saturday & Sunday 9am-5pm)
- 11th/12th November and 25th/26th November (Saturday & Sunday 9am-5pm)
- Duration: 2 teaching weekends
- Assessment methods include multiple choice questions, assignments and practical examinations.
Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity– ITEC Level 3
Rogue Institute, Rogue Fitness, The Granary, The Glen, Kinsale, Cork